Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Soap Making for Beginners with Irene Davic
** Should this page be showing no dates available, please go to this link
Whether you're looking for some skin condition relief or you just want a luxurious, moisturising bar of soap. Made with your own secret blend of Essential Oils, Clays and other beneficial ingredients.
Come along and create your very own high quality natural soap!
In this hands-on workshop you will explore;
- A brief history of soap
- Chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials and equipment for cold process soap making
- Safety - working with sodium hydroxide
- Choosing Oils for your soap
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients such as Ess. Oils, Creams, Milks, Scrubs, Clays, Herbs, Spices and Botanicals.
- Colouring soap naturally
- How to create layers
- Preparation of your moulds and moulding options
- Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
You will be learning the "cold process" hands- on method.
HOT PROCESS soap making - Tutorial/Demonstration.
We will be taking a brief look at the hot process method as well. Irene will be presenting and making a batch of hot process soap for the class.
Everyone will be able to enjoy a freshly made bar of soap to take home.
On completion of the workshop, you will take home:
- Approx. 8 to 10 x bars of your very own soap
- Knowledge and skills to create your very own soap recipe variations
Irene has been making soap for herself for a few years and became interested in developing a soap to help relieve some symptoms like rashes, eczema. acne. etc. Her soap ended up being very effective on herself and her family and friends. So with a great soap recipe combined with the love of a luxurious bar of freshly scented soap, she took herself off to the markets in QLD and sold out of her soap. On her return to Melbourne, she opened an open an online organic soap store called The Soap Maker. She visits several markets in Melbourne's South East & Gippsland and also sells her soap products online. Irene is a qualified workplace trainer and assessor and has worked in the employment and training industry.
For Information on our cancellation policy please click here
- How to use other oils in the creation of your own soaps
- How to make soap bars
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients
- Freshly crafted soaps
- Full course notes
- Access to a special soapmaking website for beginners
- Access lye charts on the Internet to be able to create your own formulas using different oils
- Notepad and pen, apron, rubber gloves
- 2 x clean, 1 litre, square cardboard milk carton or similar Container/ Tupperware (should hold 1.5 - 2 Litres)
- 25mls Essential Oil or 25mls Essential Oil Blend (not fragrance oil) - optional
Casual, clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Closed toe footwear
Anyone interested in making their own natural soaps