Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Intro to Biodynamic Food Growing Methods (2 days)
This experiential two day workshop gives you a balance of both practical and theory and is suitable for food growers from small scale to hobby farmers who are interested in ramping up their organic food production, whilst developing an appreciation of the deeper spirit of nature. It's ideal that you have some experience of organic food growing, but we have catered for beginners. If you have already studied permaculture, you will find the workshop extends your existing knowledge, adding a new and interesting perspective to maximising the effectiveness of your food growing activities.
The workshop content is contexualised to the food growing spaces at the venue and the presenter also works closely with each participant to ensure there is an action plan to bring all content into the context of their own food growing spaces. Workshop participant numbers are a maximum of 15 people.
During the 2 days, Saturday and Sunday, you will:
- Work with our vegetable growing and orchard areas gaining practical experience of how to work with organic and biodynamic methods
- Understand the philosophical framework that drives all biodynamic processes so you can work with them from a place of knowing
- Immerse yourself in our nurturing space and be well fed with biodynamically grown food, so you appreciate the end point, healthy enlivened food
- Appreciate how biodynamic methods will fit into the rhythm of your organic food growing system to produce the highest quality organic food
CERES members and concession holders are entitled to a 10% discount. Enter "ceresmember" under the promotion and gifts code field.
*Please note that the CERES member or concession discount does not apply to "Bring-A-Friend" tickets which are already discounted
Peter Kearney is an experienced workshop presenter, educator and urban farmer who has worked with and studied biodynamics for 20 years and run biodynamic workshops for 7 years. Peter is the founder of My Food Garden, a member of Biodynamic Agriculture Australia and in 2011 and 2014 presented at their National Conference. Peter has also been asked to present 3 workshops at the international biodynamic agriculture conference in Switzerland in 2018 on working with biodynamics in urban agriculture. Peter's business also consults to individuals, schools, community organisations and large property developers on integrating sustainable urban agriculture into their environments.
For Information on our cancellation policy please click here
- Understand why biodynamic methods are an essential part of sustainable organic food growing
- Understand how to develop a deeper consciousness of the living processes driving vitality of soil, plants and animals
- Understand how to enhance your organic food growing of any scale with biodynamic methods
- Biodynamic preparations kit to get you started, online support and connection into a network of biodynamic gardeners
- Comprehensive written training materials
- Notepad and pen
- Your lunch
- Weather and garden appropriate clothing
Casual, clothes that you don't mind getting dirty
Adults of all ages that are capable of doing activities in the garden