Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Growing Great Tomatoes
*Should this page not display dates, please click here
Everything you need to know to get started or improve your tomato growing skills. A highly practical, hands on workshop covering:
- How to choose which tomato varieties to grow
- Whether to grow from seed or seedling, in pots, raised beds or directly into soil
- When and how to plant and tips for success
- Training growth with stakes, cages or string vs free range
- Pros and cons of pruning and how to do it
- Preventing common problems
- Feeding, crop rotation and more.
Participants will pot up and take home an heirloom tomato plant.
With many years working as a primary teacher, community development worker and horticulturalist, Carol combines these three passions by running school garden programs with Cultivating Community and facilitating adult workshops at CERES. Drawing garden wisdom from permaculture principles, conventional horticulture and chats with elderly neighbours, she loves sharing her enthusiasm for everything connected with growing and learning in natural environments. Carol is studying a Master of Urban Horticulture at Melbourne University (Burnley) majoring in urban food production.
For Information on our cancellation policy please click here
- Choosing varieties
- Garden set-up
- Common problems
- Participants will pot up and take home an heirloom tomato plant.
- Notepad and pen
Casual clothes that can get dirty and gardening gloves if you prefer to use your own
Those wanting to grow the best tomatoes!