Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Junior Urban Farmer - from ages 5 to 12
*Should this page not display dates, please click here
The Junior Urban Farmer course aims to reconnect young people with where their food comes from and inspire a life long passion for growing food. Through a combination of demonstrations and hands-on activities, the participants will enjoy discovering how to grow healthy organic herbs and veggies and take home planted seeds and seedlings to continue the fun after the course has finished. The course is run by a qualified teacher with extensive experience in running learning opportunities at excursion venues.
Age group - 5 to 12 years (i.e primary school)
Time - 9.15am - 12.30pm both days
This is a two session program - Wed 10th & Thurs 11th April 2019
Includes a light morning tea
Day 1 - kids will ..
- explore CERES food growing areas
- discover how to grow healthy organic herbs and veggies
- take a close look soils and seeds
- get their hands dirty planting up some seeds to take home
Day 2 kids will..
- learn that some fruits and veggies are seasonal and what they can plant right now
- collect herbs and make a cup of herb tea or add to their water
- explore how plants and animals interact in a garden
- get their hands dirty potting up a seedling to take home
*please note any food allergies in special comments box and bring any necessary medication with you. Please also note parent/guardian dropping off an their mobile number
Donna Livermore is an educator, biologist, permaculture & gardening teacher and community activator. She is passionate about living a life of good health, sustainable abundance and with a strong connection to the environment and local community. Donna has an on-going commitment to school education through her work in sustainability and biodiversity education.
With chickens, worms and a productive food garden in the front yard of her tiny suburban block, Donna is reimagining what it means to live a good life in the city and shares this with others in her local community and through her Instagram page A Good Life in the City.
For Information on our cancellation policy please click here
- Discover how to grow healthy organic herbs and veggies
- Take a close look soils and seeds and explore seasonal gardening
- Potting seeds and seedlings
- Hands on gardening
- Potted seeds and seedlings to take home
- Weather appropriate clothing
Clothes you don't mind getting dirty
This two day program is designed for primary school aged children